Situated on the seafront ,with magnificent views. In the old town of Funchal,which apart from the area around the Cathedral is by far the most interesting,with lots of very good restaurants to choose from. Very well appointed hotel,tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean,comfortable and modern. The staff were very helpful and the food [we were only B&b] was excellent .The choice for the buffet breakfast was amazing and of very good quality.
We were told about the work on the seafront construction work before we went but it wasn't any way as bad as we thought it might have been. In fact we found it all very interesting and as we were out most of the day ,it hardly affected us.
All in all a great week's holiday . We wished we had booked for a fortnight!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal