This hotel gets many gushing reviews and clearly has a keen following of repeat guests. I would like to mention the good and the bad.
Excellent position in the Old Town
Some very good staff
Breakfast buffet good if not inspiring.
Talk on history of Madeira was excellent
Trip to Madeira wine company interesting
Lovely roof terrace
The works on the waterfront in front of the hotel do impact on your holiday, they are noisy and intrusive and run from 8am till 6pm so don't expect to sit quietly in the hotel grounds.
The hotel offers a 10 Euro a day per person credit to your account to make up for the disruption. They issue a letter saying this can be used within the hotel in bars and restaurants. There is no where on the letter that suggests that tips cannot be included in this and when you sign for a drink or meal the chitty includes a space for a tip. On check out an extremely rude receptionist refused to use my credit for the tips. When I asked where on the origional letter it said tips were not included he said I should have asked, how was I to know to ask? The management should make this clear and give their receptionist training in how to speak to guests.
We ate one evening meal (to use up our hotel credit) in the restaurant, really don't bother, the food is OK but totally uninspired. There are many fabulous restaurants at the gates of the hotel.
The hotel values it's return guests, they receive fruit, tea and coffee and bottled water in their rooms, this however makes first time guests feel undervalued. Not only have they paid more as returning guests get a discount but they are not valued enough to be given a bottle of water!
Rooms are clean, towels are thin and small, toiletries are of poor quality. TV is set high up on a shelf like a cheap bed and breakfast. Balconies are tiny, sea views are limited due to the wings of the hotel sticking out. Maybe valued returners get better rooms!
A double bed is two singles pushed together, no fixing. Maybe this is because this hotel really caters for 'the grey economy'. I doubt there were many people in the hotel under 60 it could do with a wider mix of ages
Why no room service?
I notice the manager seems to reply here to customers but is not visible in the hotel, why?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal