Lovely hotel, friendly staff, beautiful location, excellent facilities. Booked a sea view room which had nice a balcony overlooking the sea and port. Only downside is if you book in the near future there are fairly noisy and extensive beach construction works directly in front of hotel and all along the front. This is not the hotels fault and we wouldn't let this effect either our rating or a possible return visit in future years. To offset this they are giving 10 euros per day per person to spend in the hotel bars/ restaurant etc. We swam most afternoons in the indoor pool which is big and nearly always had it to ourselves with a dip in the jacuzzi to finish. Nice touch is everyone gets a bathrobe to wander down to the pool in and we ended each evening relaxing in them on the balcony over a last glass of wine!
Walking round the cobble streets in the old town is a joy and we look forward to walking through the gardens along the front when they are reinstated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal