We had a lovely one-week stay here, our first visit to Madeira. The room was very comfortable and spacious. Wifi in the room as well as the lobby would have made it better! We didn't find the building work on the seafront a problem as we prefer to spend most of the day out anyway, and at this time they were not using pile-drivers or pneumatic drills.
We liked being next to the Old Town and found many good restaurants close at hand. The quirky street/door art added an extra dimension. The Market is well worth a visit. The hotel is also close to the cable car, from where we thoroughly enjoyed visits to the Botanic Gardens and the Tropical Gardens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal