We have just returned from a Xmas/New Year cruise, which stopped at Maderia (it felt like coming home). Having stayed last year at the above wonderful hotel, we felt we just had to go and say hello to the wonderful receptionist Maria. As we walked in, were greeted with her amazing smile, hugs and kisses all round. The hotel was just as perfect as last year. She took us to to 3rd floor, where they have a new section outside for sunbathing/relaxing, sunloungers, surrounded by artistic stone/boulders. , very impressive, and the views were to die for,, with the ships in the harbour, and all the scenery that Maderia has to offer. It was so sad to say goodbye, but we shall be back hopefully, staying again at this wonderful hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal