A total chill out location, with the perfect view. The staff are excellent (nothing appears to be too much trouble) and it's within easy walking distance of the centre of Funchal, as the main cable car to Monte. It's also right in the heart of the old town - the restaurant zone is within 20 yards of the hotel gate.
The rooms are spacious, with a small kitchen area (which is well equipped) and the little 'fridge proves more than useful for keeping soft drinks cold. The room that Mum and I had (think it was room 104) had a really good view of the harbour, making photographing the incomming cruise liners really easy.
All in all, a really good hotel, and one that I really look forward to going back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Madeira/Funchal