We have a timeshare apartment and we have returned here 7 out of the last 8 years, The only time we did not was because we gave our room to my step son and his wife for their honeymoon.
The food on the terrace is fine enough and in the Bodego Restaurant (when it is open) it is terrific. However the food for those on Full Board looks rather so-so. But then why would you want to eat in a hotel here in Madeira anyway? The food in the local restaurants is good and very reasonably priced. To be honest you often get too much for your money! I'm a big guy but I would struggle to clear my plate at some places and the food is generally so good you do not want to stop. They are numerous places to eat to suit all wallets within very easy walking distance. If you can't walk far then taxis are cheap and plentiful and the buses are cheaper and frequent. You can get bus tickets from the hotel or owner relations office.
The grounds of the hotel are wonderfully clean and quiet and the gardens themselves are wonderful. The rooms are well maintained and have everything we would want. But then why do you want to be in your room much either? There is plenty to see and do in Funchal which is walkable or you can use the the taxis and buses very easily.
I love this place so much I almost consider it a second home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Village is a 4-star hotel located in Funchal, Madeira, surrounded by 5,000 m² of gardens and featuring architecture characteristic of the island. It is the perfect place for your holiday, whether you are just relaxing or on your honeymoon. It is located 12 minutes on foot from the beach and 15 minutes on foot from the centre of Funchal. The hotel offers a relaxing health club with a sauna and a jacuzzi as well as a game room. To satisfy your tastes, we offer four restaurants and three bars. Enjoy two fantastic outdoor swimming pools and a heated indoor swimming pool located at the Pestana Miramar. The studios feature typical Madeiran decor, each with a kitchenette, TV, free Wi-Fi and a private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Otel, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pestana Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Village Madeira/Funchal