We stayed in room 324 at the P.V.G.R. between Feb.13th and 20th..
This was a sea view room with a covered balcony. It was S.S.E facing and had the sun for most of daylight hours. The room was spacious with seating for two. The beds were wider than normal and very comfortable. The small kitchen area is only suitable for lunches/snack preparation. There is a fridge but no microwave. On arrival we found the kettle plug and wall socket to have scorch marks. I pointed this out to reception and they not only replaced the kettle but also the wall socket within less than an hour: superb sevice. The shower is very powerful. In fact it is too powerful for the screening and needs to be run at a lower power to avoid watering the bathroom floor.
Both breakfast and supper are buffet style. Breakfast has hot English breakfast as well as continental. The evening meal has two types of meat and often two types of fish. They change from night to night. A wide range of salads makes for good choice. Even after a week we were eating dishes that had not been on the buffet before. You can move your meal credit to one of the other restaurants in the Village/Miramar resort. We saw no need. We did not use the pool area.
The resort is well sited: being opposite Reids Hotel. Access to the Village through the Miramar makes walking back from town a lot easier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The architectural design of Pestana Village and the landscaping of its gardens have been especially planned to be in harmony with the natural beauty and tranquility of the resort’s setting. This sensitivity to the environment will give the resort a truly village-like feel, with low-rise traditional style buildings surrounded by a wealth of colorful and immaculately cared-for gardens. The Pestana Village shares the grounds and services of the Pestana Miramar Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel Madeira/Funchal