We stayed in room 324 at the P.V.G.R. between Feb.13th and 20th..
This was a sea view room with a covered balcony. It was S.S.E facing and had the sun for most of daylight hours. The room was spacious with seating for two. The beds were wider than normal and very comfortable. The small kitchen area is only suitable for lunches/snack preparation. There is a fridge but no microwave. On arrival we found the kettle plug and wall socket to have scorch marks. I pointed this out to reception and they not only replaced the kettle but also the wall socket within less than an hour: superb sevice. The shower is very powerful. In fact it is too powerful for the screening and needs to be run at a lower power to avoid watering the bathroom floor.
Both breakfast and supper are buffet style. Breakfast has hot English breakfast as well as continental. The evening meal has two types of meat and often two types of fish. They change from night to night. A wide range of salads makes for good choice. Even after a week we were eating dishes that had not been on the buffet before. You can move your meal credit to one of the other restaurants in the Village/Miramar resort. We saw no need. We did not use the pool area.
The resort is well sited: being opposite Reids Hotel. Access to the Village through the Miramar makes walking back from town a lot easier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Village is a 4-star hotel located in Funchal, Madeira, surrounded by 5,000 m² of gardens and featuring architecture characteristic of the island. It is the perfect place for your holiday, whether you are just relaxing or on your honeymoon. It is located 12 minutes on foot from the beach and 15 minutes on foot from the centre of Funchal. The hotel offers a relaxing health club with a sauna and a jacuzzi as well as a game room. To satisfy your tastes, we offer four restaurants and three bars. Enjoy two fantastic outdoor swimming pools and a heated indoor swimming pool located at the Pestana Miramar. The studios feature typical Madeiran decor, each with a kitchenette, TV, free Wi-Fi and a private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, PESTANA MANAGEMENT - Servicos de Gestao S.A., Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pestana Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Village Madeira/Funchal