We stayed in the Pestana Miramar for 7 nights in February 2013. The Miramar and Pestana Village are next door each other and share the same facilities.
Facilities include 2 outdoor swimming pools, 1 indoor swimming pool with separate hot tub, spa facilities including jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and massage parlour, 2 pool tables and a table tennis table (both free of charge but you have to borrow the equipment from the reception, no deposit required) and free internet access both on Hotel desktop computer and wi-fi if you have your own laptop/I-pad etc. The swimming pools and area around the pools were immaculate and the staff were frequently seen cleaning out any leaves which had fallen into the pool from the trees.
Our room (room number 6504) featured a balcony with a beautiful view of the pool area and mountains in the distance, although the balcony did not get the sun it was warm enough to sit outside and enjoy the views even at night. The balcony is far back enough not to be bothered by the passing traffic (which is infrequent outside of rush-hour). The room itself was pleasant and included a fridge (not a mini-bar) and cooking area. Bathroom featured a bath/shower. Good choice of (international) TV stations on the TV. Room also featured air-con (which the Pestana village does not).
Location-wise, the Pestana Miramar is in a great location, although not located in the centre of Funchal itself, it is within walking distance (20 minutes or so) and the road outside the hotel has a bus stop with frequent services into town. The Hotel is also within walking distance of many excellent restaurants and bars.
Breakfast was good. Variety of cereals, breads, continental cheeses/hams etc, hot breakfast including all the usual 'fry-up' ingredients and freshly made pancakes.
Staff were friendly, especially Nicolau Correira who was fantastic.
The only negative aspect was that the (in-room) safe commanded a fee of €12 for the week, although not expensive, we feel you should not have to pay to protect your valuables.
Overall, a fantastic experience and we would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the premises of the historic and elegant hotel Miramar, which was built in 1924 and considered a very special place to stay, the new Pestana Miramar Hotel benefits of the attention given to the architecture and landscaping of its gardens. The Pestana Miramar shares the grounds and services of the Pestana Village Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Madeira/Funchal