We stayed at The Miramar Resort in November 2012. On arrival we were allocated room 7106, on the ground floor. It was a one bedroom apartment, which was large and well decorated. The problem was that there was very little natural daylight in the apartment, due to the veranda facing directly out onto what can only be described as 'the jungle floor', with trees, high bushes and a very high wall blocking out the daylight. It also looked onto the 'skylight' of the car park corridor which was directly below the apartment.
We asked if it was possible to move to another apartment, and were informed that this apartment is one that is regularly allocated to time share exchanges, as people buy timeshare at the resort solely to get a high points exchange value, and therefore this apartment is owned by timeshare owners. Nobody at the reception desk or reservations department were prepared to assist in our request, they merely stated that we would have to speak to The Guest Relations Dept the next day, as the resort would not know until the following morning which apartments were going to be occupied.
The following morning Mark from Guest Relations Dept was very helpful and arranged for us to move into an apartment in the neighbouring Pestana Village Resort. This apartment, 4110, overlooked the very pleasant gardens. (It was a shame nobody felt they could assist us, until the following morning when it was obvious that both resorts were less than half full throughout the week).
Both resorts share the same facilities, swimming pools, bars and restaurants, and were very well maintained, the staff during our stay were friendly.
Both resorts levy a utility charge 50 euros per apartment per week, and 3.75 euros a day for car parking on site. We have never had to pay car parking charges at a timeshare resort.
The Service, value and Room quality ratings attached to this revue relate solely to The Miramar NOT The Village Resort.
We would rate for The Village Resort as very good quality and value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the premises of the historic and elegant hotel Miramar, which was built in 1924 and considered a very special place to stay, the new Pestana Miramar Hotel benefits of the attention given to the architecture and landscaping of its gardens. The Pestana Miramar shares the grounds and services of the Pestana Village Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Madeira/Funchal