We have travelled to Madeira on three occasions and although we have lots of family there we always stay at Pestana Miramar. We initially were introduced to the hotel when we traded our time share week. We did this twice and then rented once on our own.
When you compare Miramar to another highly popular hotel where we once stayed, we find there is no comparison. The ambience, the lush gardens, the well maintained apartments, the cleanliness, the staff and the views add up to a wonderful stay. Travelling with grown children and teenage grandchildren on this vacation, we got to sit by and use the pools for the first time. Lovely and immaculate, it is evident that this hotel takes pride in the care and maintenance of its facility and grounds.We ate breakfast several mornings in the hotel diningroom and found the quality and selection to be top notch. Several mornings, while the kids "slept in" I went off on my own for an early breakfast at the bakery around the corner from the hotel. After my second visit the server greeted me with my "usual" tea and pastry, handed me the local newspaper and we conversed in Portuguese. .It was wonderful to treated like a local!
The pool bar at Miramar was open every night and my grown children enjoyed watching the world cup soccer matches along with guests from several different countries. The Bartenders (both named Bruno) had the best sense of humor and kept the patrons laughing.There was entertainment by the pool a few nights while we were there but the hotel itself is quiet and tranquil. The bus to the center of Funchal stops right across the street. Shopping, restaurants, bakeries and markets are very close by. The bus service is the way to go,.Easy to understand, it makes several stops. A wonderful shopping mall in the center of Funchal called La Dolce Vita has lovely shops and even a full size market on the lower level. If you are a shopaholic or just want to buy souveniers to take home, you will have no trouble finding something you like. And finding a great restaurant is no problem , what is difficult is deciding which one to chose! Funchal is very Cosmopolitan but the people of Madeira make you feel welcome in their country. Shopkeepers, waitstaff, tour guides etc.are friendly and engaging. There are so many beautiful sights to see including the Aquival building for searching one's Madeiran heritage. The mountains, the sea, the flowers, the history and the quaint rural villages will captivate you while you are there. Madeira is amazing and as a Portuguese song says "No where on earth is there any equal". So True!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Miramar is a 4-star hotel on Funchal, Madeira, located just a few steps from the centre of the city, surrounded by 5000 m² of tropical gardens. It is located on the old Funchal manor with incredible views of the city, the port and the bay. It sits only 12 minutes on foot from the beach and 15 minutes on foot from the centre of Funchal. During your stay you can enjoy two swimming pools (outdoor and indoor) and relax at the Health Club with a gym, sauna, Turkish bath and Jacuzzi. For dining, you can choose between three restaurants or for lighter meals, the bar. For children we offer the Kids Club, a game room and a giant open air chess set. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning and a balcony overlooking marvellous gardens and the swimming pool. We also offer free Wi-Fi and some rooms have a kitchenette. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pestana Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Miramar Madeira/Funchal