“Best tour on our trip”

and up
Madeira East Island Tour with Levada Walk and Lunch
Ranked #45 of 104 Tours in Funchal
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had the opportunity to tour this magnificent island with Manuel, the most knowledgable and courteous tour guide that I have ever met. He is also a proud citizen of the island. Two of us had him all to ourselves. The information about the local culture was amazing and Manuel knew all the best stops for shopping and photos. He also confirmed that our restaurant pick for lunch was the best in the town and arranged with the owner to serve us promptly, since we were pressed for time and needed to return to our cruise ship.We loved this island and thanks to Manuel's wonderful introduction, plan on returning for a longer visit in the future.

There are newer reviews for Madeira Seekers - Day Tours

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We (four adults) visited in Funchal in February, 2013 while on a cruise. We booked with Madeira Seekers. Josef was a great tour guide. He was incredibly knowledgeable about the island, he took us to a place for lunch that had local food, he was flexible, and a great driver. He got us back to the port in plenty of time. We had no problems and a WONDERFUL day!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I booked a Jeep tour with Madeira seekers before arriving in Madeira. We particularly wanted a Jeep tour to visit the rugged parts of Madeira rather than the standard road Minibus tour.

We agreed a date and while in Madeira I emailed to confirm the date and time and was told all was fine.

Late in the evening before the tour I had a message to contact the company, I did it that evening to a mobile phone number and was told that between the reply to my email that afternoon and a few hours later the jeep was broken and we could be transferred to a mini bus tour they had running. I refused this it was not what we wanted, no other date or jeep tour for that date was offered.

The next morning I again got a call saying were we taking the minibus tour, again refused. I believe the tour operator did not have enough customers so decided not to run the tour. This is a very poor example of customer service.

1  Thank munmunmun
Reviewed January 15, 2013

great guides,great company,excellent day canyoning,profesional climbers well worth going to madiera agian.5 star

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We booked our tranportation from Madeira Seekers. There might be some a bit cheaper, but they are at least very helpfull and friendly. Next time we will probably book our other trips from them.