“Do not visit this 'restaurant'”
Review of Summertime

Summertime
Ranked #295 of 644 Restaurants in Funchal
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2013

After finding that several of the restaurants that we visited last time in Funchal had closed, we ended up at Summertime. We were given a small glass of Madeira wine at the entrance and taken to our table. I ordered the pork dish and my partner had chicken. My food was inedible. It was dry and tough - I would not have given it to the dog. The chicken was also dry but not quite as disgusting. I complained and was offered a slice of cheesecake instead! I was so hungry by this time that I accepted. We were still charged for the meals.

There are newer reviews for Summertime

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Nothing great, food was ok, bit basic, prices are on par with others in the same locale. It is on the road above the Pestana Promenade (Monumental?). Nothing special to be honest.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We ate here twice in a week and both times we all had excellent meals. The staff were friendly and efficient.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

we been in madeira for holidays and during we decide to go to this place because it has a nice terrace sense we arrive no comunication whit the guests the waiters look like waiters but not in restaurante we ask for pork in wine the waiter or the waiters HOW ITS MADE they just say yes,
the food taste like sheet and the service is just a failure

2  Thank kamera h
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Great food - lovely people. Fab House red wine - reasonable prices.What more could you want from a holiday restaurant - it even has a lovely view.