I chose this hotel because we were looking for somewhere smallish, low key and elegant and it definitely hit the mark. It's a perfect getaway if you want to avoid the high rises with, bars, entertainment and kids clubs (there are lots of other hotels in Funchal which provide exactly those things so it's a case of making sure you get what you're looking for.)
Location wise it is about half way between the Lido area and old town of Funchal, both Reids and Cliff Bay are just down the road. Although it's a bit hilly, you can walk to loads of restaurants anything from 5 to 25 minutes walk away and a taxi from the town centre varied from about 5-7 euros.
Although we had only booked B&B, we enjoyed the restaurant so much we ate there several times on the a la carte menu and found the food, service and wine choices, especially by the glass, to be excellent and for a euro zone, quite reasonable. Breakfast was also very good with plenty of choice. Although there wasn't a bar, we had afternoon tea most days and again enjoyed the wonderful service and surrounds of the hotel. Reception staff as well were very knowledgeable and everyone seemed to be able to switch between fluent English, German and French with ridiculous ease.
We booked the standard garden room and although we've stayed in more spectacular rooms, it was extremely comfortable, spacious and quiet, I also liked being able to step straight outside onto the loungers looking onto the gardens. There was plenty wardrobe space so we could unpack properly and the usual facilities of mini bar, TV, robe, slippers and safe.
Overall this hotel exceeded my expectations and we'd definitely go back. If there is just one thing I could suggest, the sun loungers by the pool are a bit uncomfortable and past it and could do with being replaced with the same ones they have outside the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", nestled amidst lush sub-tropical gardens near the center of Funchal and away from the bustle of the city, at Quinta da Casa Branca estate, there is a modern design boutique Hotel featuring 41 Rooms and 2 Suites, and positioned at the lower level of the property there are two buildings set apart, an elegant and luxurious Manor House with 5 luxury Manor House Suites. Close by, next to the swimming-pool, lies a Villa dating from the early XIX century. Providing a glamorous retreat, yet offering a personal and meaningful experience to every guest, the integration of the family's house and grounds with Quinta da Casa Branca boutique Hotel in November 2015, enables the preservation of a unique property on the island of Madeira whilst showcasing a remarkable heritage and providing the unique addition of the exuberant gardens, home to an abundance of various tropical trees and a banana plantation spanning a total of 28,000m2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal