I absolutely loved this hotel, the grounds at the Quinta da Casa Branca actually are Idyllic - unlike so many of the other hotels which use very clever shots to make their grounds look spacious. Staff are very friendly and helpful and do their job with a sense of humour. Breakfast was delicious, varied and plentiful - although staff do need to make sure there are still enough plates left!
The hotel rooms are slightly tired but overall very comfortable and spacious, some people we met extoled the virtues of the newer more expensive rooms, but I felt ours was more than adequate and given the weather we spent little time indoors, and our terrace area was sunny (as long as the sun came out).
We always felt that there was plenty of space in the hotel and rarely felt that we were hemmed in by other guests or staff. Biggest issue was the cost of coffee in the bar which at 4.5o euros for an Americano seemed a bit excessive.
If we ever went to Funchal again this is where we would stay, but we did feel that Funchal itself seemed to be pretty over developed, the intimacy and history we expected being a very long way from the "hotel zone".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", nestled amidst lush sub-tropical gardens near the center of Funchal and away from the bustle of the city, at Quinta da Casa Branca estate, there is a modern design boutique Hotel featuring 41 Rooms and 2 Suites, and positioned at the lower level of the property there are two buildings set apart, an elegant and luxurious Manor House with 5 luxury Manor House Suites. Close by, next to the swimming-pool, lies a Villa dating from the early XIX century. Providing a glamorous retreat, yet offering a personal and meaningful experience to every guest, the integration of the family's house and grounds with Quinta da Casa Branca boutique Hotel in November 2015, enables the preservation of a unique property on the island of Madeira whilst showcasing a remarkable heritage and providing the unique addition of the exuberant gardens, home to an abundance of various tropical trees and a banana plantation spanning a total of 28,000m2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal