We stayed twice at this very small (46 rooms) but perfect five star hotel last year for a total of six weeks and it was so nice to return for three weeks this June. Guests here are genuinely treated as such, and our welcome upon arrival was truly exceptional. This beautifully designed modern hotel building has been cleverly set into the slope of the Quinta in such a way that it appears to become absorbed into the park like landscape. The grounds are really quite lovely and are constantly maintained by a team of ten gardeners. The Rooms are spacious and comfortably furnished, and the standard rooms all have individual terraces which open on to the lawns of the hotel, so ones sunbeds can be pushed out from the terrace to catch the sun all day. There is an excellent spa and gym, a charming swimming pool, and a library. Food is available all day in either the garden terrace for breakfast and lunch, the deck bar, which offers wonderful views of the mountains and sea, for lunch, afternoon tea and evening cocktails, and the magnificent Casa da Quinta restaurant providing al fresco or indoor dining of the very finest quality for supper. There is also an excellent room service for private dining on ones terrace
The staff are amazingly attentive and offer service of the very highest standard.
Unsurprisingly then, this beautiful small luxury hotel tends to run at full occupancy, so forward booking is recommended. The stay experience can be likened to being a guest in an English country house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", nestled amidst lush sub-tropical gardens near the center of Funchal and away from the bustle of the city, at Quinta da Casa Branca estate, there is a modern design boutique Hotel featuring 41 Rooms and 2 Suites, and positioned at the lower level of the property there are two buildings set apart from the modern design boutique Hotel, an elegant and luxurious Manor House housing 5 luxury Manor House Suites. Close by, next to the swimming-pool, lies a Villa dating from the early XIX century. Providing a glamorous retreat, yet offering a personal and meaningful experience to every guest, the integration of the family's house and grounds with Quinta da Casa Branca boutique Hotel in November 2015, enables the preservation of a unique property on the island of Madeira whilst showcasing a remarkable heritage and providing the unique addition of the exuberant gardens, home to an abundance of various tropical trees and a banana plantation spanning a total of 27,000m2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Fastbooking, Odigeo, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal