We visited the hotel at the beginning of April to relax and recharge and the Quinta supplied this in buckets. The architecture and gardens are stunning, so calm and peaceful so you can't help but unwind when you are surrounded by such beauty. We loved the little walk through the gardens for breakfast, but unfortunately the weather wasn't too good during our stay so we only managed to sit outside twice. The food was really gorgeous and fresh with cooked to order eggs, pancakes and porridge as well as a great range on the buffet. The deck bar is a lovely place to relax early evening and enjoy the day's special cocktail during happy hour.
The staff are very impressive, professional and friendly, hitting just the right note in all their dealings with us and other customers.
The only thing I found disappointing was the temperature of the outdoor pool which, although displayed at 21c was icy cold.
The location is great - close enough to stroll into Funchal but far enough away to not be part of the larger complexes along the sea front. There is a great choice of restaurants within 5 minutes of the hotel if you wish or restaurants in Funchal old town provide some great choices.
I would certainly visit again and I've already recommended the Quinta to my friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", nestled amidst lush sub-tropical gardens near the center of Funchal and away from the bustle of the city, at Quinta da Casa Branca estate, there is a modern design boutique Hotel featuring 41 Rooms and 2 Suites, and positioned at the lower level of the property there are two buildings set apart, an elegant and luxurious Manor House with 5 luxury Manor House Suites. Close by, next to the swimming-pool, lies a Villa dating from the early XIX century. Providing a glamorous retreat, yet offering a personal and meaningful experience to every guest, the integration of the family's house and grounds with Quinta da Casa Branca boutique Hotel in November 2015, enables the preservation of a unique property on the island of Madeira whilst showcasing a remarkable heritage and providing the unique addition of the exuberant gardens, home to an abundance of various tropical trees and a banana plantation spanning a total of 28,000m2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal