This hotel is unusual in that most of the rooms are at ground level and lead onto the wonderful gardens. We felt very relaxed here as it feels very homely compared to the larger hotels in the area. The breakfast bar offered a good selection and I would recommend that you take the option of ordering your eggs freshly cooked. The room was comfortable and spacious, the spa excellent as we had it to ourselves (maybe this would not be the case high season), The pool area was also lovely although we did not feel inclined to swim in February (even though it would have been warm enough for some people). Thanks to other reviews here we packed a small kettle and teabags since there are no tea making facilities in the standard rooms. There are lovely bars and restaurants within walking distance (we loved the Hole in One Irish pub) but be prepared for an uphill walk back - only a few minutes but quite steep. Take sensible shoes for walking around as a lot of the streets are cobbled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", nestled amidst lush sub-tropical gardens near the center of Funchal and away from the bustle of the city, at Quinta da Casa Branca estate, there is a modern design boutique Hotel featuring 41 Rooms and 2 Suites, and positioned at the lower level of the property there are two buildings set apart from the modern design boutique Hotel, an elegant and luxurious Manor House housing 5 luxury Manor House Suites. Close by, next to the swimming-pool, lies a Villa dating from the early XIX century. Providing a glamorous retreat, yet offering a personal and meaningful experience to every guest, the integration of the family's house and grounds with Quinta da Casa Branca boutique Hotel in November 2015, enables the preservation of a unique property on the island of Madeira whilst showcasing a remarkable heritage and providing the unique addition of the exuberant gardens, home to an abundance of various tropical trees and a banana plantation spanning a total of 27,000m2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking and Travelocity so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal