From the moment we arrived, every member of staff that we encountered did everything they could to make our visit memorable. From the arrival of the porters as we drew up, through the excellent restaurants, ornate gardens and superb information, this trip was truly memorable.
We were taken to our room on check-in and given a tour and instruction on usage. Whenever we asked for information about the local area or culture at Reception, we were provided with sufficient answers to our questions, without exception. It was a pleasure to deal with the staff. At all times they presented a happy persona and helped as they could - ordering taxi's giving directions and providing service.
The breakfast was substantial and the service in the restaurants left nothing to be desired. The choice was excellent including cereal, cheese and meat, various fruits, toasts, yoghurts, omelettes, bacon and eggs - the list goes on and on.
The gardens are beautifully tendered and were a pleasure to walk around. Also, for us, the hotel was situated far enough from the town to be quiet yet near enough to be a good walk.
We went there for Christmas 2012 and the 2013 New Year Year fireworks. We have never returned to a holiday destination in the past - we plan to make an exception for Madeira and Quinta Da Casa Branca and return next New Year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", nestled amidst lush sub-tropical gardens near the center of Funchal and away from the bustle of the city, at Quinta da Casa Branca estate, there is a modern design boutique Hotel featuring 41 Rooms and 2 Suites, and positioned at the lower level of the property there are two buildings set apart from the modern design boutique Hotel, an elegant and luxurious Manor House housing 5 luxury Manor House Suites. Close by, next to the swimming-pool, lies a Villa dating from the early XIX century. Providing a glamorous retreat, yet offering a personal and meaningful experience to every guest, the integration of the family's house and grounds with Quinta da Casa Branca boutique Hotel in November 2015, enables the preservation of a unique property on the island of Madeira whilst showcasing a remarkable heritage and providing the unique addition of the exuberant gardens, home to an abundance of various tropical trees and a banana plantation spanning a total of 27,000m2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Fastbooking and Odigeo so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal