My husband and I have been coming to this hotel for 6 years, usually January/February, but were unable to do this as it closed from November to March for refurbishing. We stayed elsewhere, but were delighted to find that it re-opened before we were due to return to the UK and were able to spend our last two nights in this welcoming hotel. The staff are of the highest quality and anxious to make guests feel happy and well looked after. Returning guests are recognised and greeted with affection, and it was a pleasure to find almost all the staff had returned after the closure. There were no major changes, but everything was freshly painted and there were several attractive additions (lighting, goldfish, striking murals on outside walls etc). Although this hotel is 10 to 15 minutes drive from the centre of Funchal, it has an excellent frequent shuttle service. It is situated adjacent to Formosa beach (pebbles) and sea bathing is possible in certain conditions. There are plenty of sunbeds surrounded by the gardens, and also an outdoor pool, heated in winter. Also available is a small gym, spa and beauty salon.
Food is buffet service, with a wide choice. Rooms are comfortable, all with balconies facing the sea and all areas are clean and well kept. There is live entertainment most evenings.
Many of the guests have visited the hotel before - a recommendation in itself. We are already looking forward to our next visit!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Pestana Ocean Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Bay Ocean Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Bay Ocean Aparthotel Funchal
- Pestana Bay Hotel Madeira
- Pestana Ocean Bay Hotel Madeira/Funchal