My wife and I have just returned from a brilliant holiday to Madeira staying at the Vidamar Resort Hotel in Funchal.
We were in a sea view room which was very large with chairs and a settee, a large bathroom with Bath, shower and a bidet and a really huge bed which was very comfortable.
All the staff we met were extremely polite and accommodating and nothing was a problem. We were on a half board arrangement and both the breakfast and dinner were excellent with plenty of choice for all tastes.
The hotel was in a good position for walking into the centre of Funchal ( although on your return you had to negotiate quite a steep hill) and if you went left outside the hotel it was a short walk to the Forum Madeira a modern shopping centre. Also within a hundred yards or so of the hotel you could get local buses such as 1, 2, 4 which took you into the centre single journey 1.90 euros or a day pass unlimited travel was 4.50 euros and well worth it. You could also get a HoHo bus in the same area and a very pleasant girl is at the stop to sell you a two day ticket for 12 euros again excellent value.
The effort the Madeirans have gone to for Christmas puts us to shame as they have brilliant lights even in the side streets, nativity scenes built up, Christmas kiosks and singers and dancers in all locations it really was excellent.
One other thing noted about Funchal and not most other places we have been to in Europe is that as well as the people being very friendly and polite motorists are also patient and courteous and actually stop for you at zebra crossings this really did make a welcome change.
We were so impressed with Funchal I'm sure we will be back and we will have no hesitation in going back to Vidamar Resort.
David and Helena from Durham
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, fridge and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Madeiran Casa das Espetadas and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR Thalasso SPA guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Splitty, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira Funchal