We stayed for one week and wish it had been longer. The Hotel is located on the town side of the Lido area and very convenient for town, either by foot (20-30 minutes) or bus (5 minutes).
There are plenty of Restaurants, Bars, Travel Offices and Shops nearby. We stayed B&B and thoroughly enjoyed our breakfasts. Lisa, the Breakfast greeter was charming. The quality of breakfast was good with many choices available on the large and extensive buffet, including Sparkling Wine! Fruit, cereals, hot and cold dishes, pastries, breads, juices and a lady to cook fresh omelettes or fried eggs for you to order!
The room was on the 9th floor in tower one (The higher rooms are excellent and have a wonderful view) with a double bed. The bed was wonderful, firm and very comfortable. The double curtain blocked out all the light. The bathroom was comfortable wit 2 wash hand basins, bidet, loo and bath with double power shower. The air conditioning worked well and the safe worked perfectly. We did not use the mini bar nor the tea/coffee making facilities.
All of the staff were wonderful: Accommodating, helpful, cheerful, knowledgeable and nothing was too much trouble.
The standards were excellent: clean, fresh and tidy.
The pool are was superb. The infinity pools were a joy. There was never any problem finding a comfortable sun lounger with mattress and always plenty of fresh, clean towels available. We did not usually go to the pool until mid afternoon so this was a real advantage.
I would highly recommend this hotel, it was a joy to spend time here. Relaxed, informal and spotlessly clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, fridge and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Madeiran Casa das Espetadas and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR Thalasso SPA guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira Funchal