we stayed here for one week half board at the beginning of september and found it very relaxing.
the hotel as u arrive is very imposing and has the largest sea frontage of any hotel on the island.
we booked a superior sea veiw room which is located on the last 2 top floors for maximum vantage point and found it clean, spacious and comfortable, worth noting that all rooms here face the sea, bar a few garden rooms.
we were now quite impressed and after a few lift rides and a few ramps headed down the the pool area, 2 infinity pools and 2 kids pools and access to the sea on both side via a big ladder, we went out of season so cant comment if its always the case but never anymore than 20% of sunbeds were ever used so loads of choice, the only real let down here was as you walk around the hotel you can tell no expense has been spared from materials used to the excellent finish and then you walk out to the pools which look much like southend sea front with 2 pools cut into the endless concrete, ok it doesn't get hot but a real let down.
now to the food, we were there for 7 days and were on the half board tariff and could use their 'dine around' card for 4 speciality restaurants, this was excellent, as the restaurants are open to the public the food is at a very good standard, mama mia being by far the best! you book a day in advance and have from 8-12 to do so, thus never a panic or rush
in the evenings the entertainment if you can call it that is quite dire, the best we saw briefly was a guy on a casio keyboard playing along to what sounded like lift music, with no singing! however in their defence this was much the case in all the places we went so were in bed most nights very early, the talent clearly goes home for the winter in madeira......
that all said we did have a relaxing time, at night too relaxing, and would recommend this hotel but for us, we would return to madeira as love our sand and beach holidays too much
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, fridge and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Madeiran Casa das Espetadas and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR Thalasso SPA guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira Funchal