This was our 7th visit to this hotel but the 1st since it became the Vidamar. We had stayed at this hotel when it was the Crown Plaza and last year the CS Atlantic. We arrived at 8pm on a Monday and were greeted by friendly staff. The receptionist Carla obviously recognised us as returning customers and our request for smoking room on third floor overlooking the sea had already been granted. On arrival at our room a bowl of fresh fruit was made available. The room was spacious spotlessly clean with king size bed and very large bathroom. Excellent view over the resort from the balcony and the sunrise every morning over Funchal bay was spectacular. Rooms have a mini bar but hotel will charge 7euros just to unlock it !!. We stayed on a bed and Breakfast basis and buffet style breakfast was as usual excellent with plenty of choice although during busy periods expect to wait in line for a table. The resort have several eateries Mamma Mias being the best. The two infinity salt water pools and sundeck area are well managed by pool staff and getting a sunbed anytime of day is no problem. All staff are friendly and very professional and contribute to you having a very pleasant stay. My only dissapointment was Obriens Irish pub which had a very entertaining live band on weekends is now a Flamenco and Tapas restaraunt which was not our scene although it was well patronised during the evening. On the whole the resort is still an excellent venue and we will definately return. During our stay my wife was presented with a chocolate birthday cake and complimentary bottle of champagne on her birthday. Thanks to all staff who made our stay very memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, fridge and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Madeiran Casa das Espetadas, the Portuguese Sabor a Mar and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR Thalasso SPA guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Prestigia, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Vidamar Resort Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- Vidamar Resort Madeira Funchal