Just back from 2 weeks in the Vidamar. We went Half board, find this easier with 2 young children (8 , 10) the dine around is a nice option , however you need to book 24hrs in advance for these restaurants, so used the buffet most nights, Our room should have been side sea view but we were upgraded by the always friendly reception staff a special thank you to Nelson and Vera, who greeted us when we checked in and knew we were celebrating our 15th Anniversary and on that date we arrived back at our room to Chocolate cake and Sparkling wine, which was a lovely touch .Side sea view rooms on the first 3 floors, which are below reception, which is on the 4th floor and are overlooking the garden area. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. It was kept immaculately clean; we had 2 Double Beds and a seating area along with the balcony with a beautiful view on the 7th floor. Breakfast buffet was great; there was always something to satisfy everyone. We were greeted most days as we entered by senior staff members and the breakfast staff could not have done any more, all the staff are a credit to this hotel. Our coffee pot was replenished with a smile as was the jug of hot milk that accompanied it. It is ideally located.20 minutes downhill walk to Funchal centre and the opposite direction you can walk to the lido which the kids enjoyed snorkelling watching the fish. We had excellent meals in the Mamma Mia, the hotel's Italian Restaurant which is directly in front of the main reception, this building also incorporates the large gym which has classes and equipment to suit all. There are several snooker tables , squash courts and table tennis in the hotel. Sun loungers galore by the pools and benches in the gardens to soak up the sun, we never had an issue finding sun beds, no matter what time of the day which is amazing during peak season. a perfect holiday in a great hotel ......we will definitely return.
Having seen the comments re internet provision, we had no issue and could stream movies with no issue; the Kids watched a little TV and allot of channels are in English including watching the Hollywood movie channel.
We did lavada walks from Paul de Serra to the waterfalls which were great and the children really enjoyed this about 10km in distance, also took to cable car up to the Botanic gardens which are amazing as is Monte. During our trip we covered most of the island , ideally we would have rented a car but none were to be had as all were pre booked, however with tours that cover everything we do not feel we missed out. You could also hire a taxi for half or whole days which will take you round the whole island and stop where you wish 70 – 120 Euro.
This is a lovely hotel and if i were to find a con , it would be that the only place to meet and have a drink in the evening at the hotel was the Piano bar which is a room and balcony to the side of Reception, in this way it seemed a little disjointed, no large communal area where kids and adults could mix in the evening and watch a show or just chat over a beer. However you can’t have everything and if you really wanted this you could walk just outside the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, fridge and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Madeiran Casa das Espetadas and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR Thalasso SPA guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira Funchal