We booked on a late deal to Madeira staying in the Vidamar Resort, Funchal. There were three adults (including my mother in law aged 82) and two teenage children (14 & 17) in our group and we had two rooms which were upgraded to superior sea view.
The accommodation was very spacious and comfortable with a large double bed on one room and the sae with a large sofa bed in the second. The bathrooms were large and there was a good sized balcony overlooking the three swimming pools and sea front.
The deal we booked was half-board and as the hotel has five restaurants (main buffet restaurant, Italian, Sushi, Tapas & Sea food restaurants) we were able to take advantage of their 'dine-
around' option which allowed us to eat once in the four restaurants and then the rest in the main buffet restaurant which had a different themed buffet each night (Madeiran, Brasilian BBQ, Portuguese, Italian & Mar). The food was excellent in every restaurant and he service was prompt and very friendly.
The Vidamar has three swimming pools, two outdoor (salt water) and one indoor (with a sauna, steam room and plunge pool). Although the hotel was full we never had a problem getting sun loungers by the outdoor pools and again staff were there to supply drinks and snacks.
The hotel has a very well equipped gym which we used daily and there was a good choice of exercise classes available, all included for free. My sons used one of the two squash courts and also the tennis court which again were available free of charge.
The hotel staff could not have been more helpful. My mother in law had an accident coming off the plane when we arrived and needed stitches for a nasty cut to her leg. We ended up in the local hospital for the treatment and the staff arranged for us to visit a local clinic to have the wound dressed twice in our stay.
The staff were also very helpful in helping us organise a sightseeing trip around the west side of the island and point out many places we had to see. Thee arranged the trip with a local taxi company which cost us 140 Euros for the full day. It was great value and we have many cherished memories.
I would definitely recommend the Vidamar Resort and Madeira as a place to holiday. There was something for everyone in our holiday and we will certainly be coming back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, fridge and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Madeiran Casa das Espetadas and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR Thalasso SPA guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp and HotelQuickly so you can book your VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira Funchal