We spent our honeymoon here in early July. Had a wonderful ocean-view room which had been sprinkled with rose petals along with a chilled bottle of bubbly and chocolate coated strawberries! The room was very clean with a smart bathroom (shower/bath, bidet, double wash-sinks). The staff were very attentive,smiling and helpful. Special mention to Simone Aguiar whose cheerful, friendly welcome at breakfast gave a personal touch to our stay. Simone and Tatiana arranged a couple of excursions for us. They clearly love their jobs as nothing was too much trouble for them to organise. The hotel has 5 restaurants serving various foods from tapas to sushi. Everything about the resort was very well organised and very clean. We enjoyed cocktails in the velvet piano bar and indulged in massages, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. The poolside was well supplied with fresh clean towels and sun-loungers. You can swim in the infinity pool or dive into the ocean from a jetty and sunbathe on a floating platform - heaven! Other facillities included scuba-diving, tennis, ping pong, and a teenagers room full of games consoles. The location of the hotel was a perfect base to explore Funchal and the nearby fishing village of Camara de Lobos. The cable-car ride up to the tropical gardens of Monte palace was magical along with the organised trip to Pico Ruivo, though our calf muscles are still a bit stiff from the 1862 metre high mountain trek. But it was well worth it! Thoroughly recommend this hotel and Madeira. Ed & Jo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, fridge and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Madeiran Casa das Espetadas and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR Thalasso SPA guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira Funchal