We stayed at the Vidamar Resort Hotel Funchal, Madeira from 9th to 16th June 2013. The hotel is absolutely fabulous with stunning views of the Atlantic ocean. Our first encounter with staff was very welcoming. Shelda (Gilda) on reception was so helpful as was Jamie. Each staff member we met were all so friendly, helpful.and very attentive. We upgraded to an ocean view superior room on the 9th floor. The room was delightful. It had stunning views of the ocean and the beautiful gardens underneath. It also had free wiifi. The hotel itself is really spotlessly clean and is maintained to a very high standard. The breakfast buffet was also a memorable highlight, eating out on the terrace overlook the ocean. There was a huge array of freshly cooked food and fruit. The hotel is also centrally located with just a 30 minute stroll into the centre of Funchal. Another great feature about the hotel is the fabulous swimming pools and sun terrace area. We also swam in the sea which is easily accessible from the swimming pool area and supervised by the hotel lifeguard. There is also a luandrette on the 3rd floor where one can was and dry clothes. (you buy a coin at the reception to operate the washing machine and dryer). The hotel also has a great gym, squash courts, tennis courts. We have only the greatest of praise for the Vidamar Resort Hotel Madeira. We would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, fridge and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Madeiran Casa das Espetadas and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR Thalasso SPA guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira Funchal