The hotel premises, pools, location and facilities are all what we expected of a five star hotel. However, the dining room food and ambience, both for breakfast and dinner, is unimaginative and definitely not five star. As a result, we ate elsewhere most evenings. By comparison, the adjacent restaurant 'Mama Mia' which is owned by the hotel, is excellent. If the hotel dining could be managed by the Mama Mia staff then everything could be five star as advertised.
This is a large hotel and very well maintained, with a few exceptions. Bedroom towels were old and frayed at the ends. One of the (only) two elevators was out of order for four consecutive days - in a 300 room hotel on eight floors. Fortunately the hotel was only half full.
We got the impression that the staff were operating under tight budgetary pressure - maybe because we heard that the hotel changed hands recently and hasn't yet built up to full occupancy.
The Spa is the best we have ever used and both spa and pool staff were outstanding
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, fridge and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Madeiran Casa das Espetadas and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR Thalasso SPA guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- VidaMar Resort Hotel Madeira Funchal