Our 2 week stay with our 3 teenagers was fabulous without a doubt. The hotel staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. The hotel is kept beautifully clean, the many pools and well stocked gardens are well maintained and the breakfasts were plentiful with a very good choice. Add this together with a prime seafront location and beautiful weather and you really can't go wrong. There are lots of restaurants nearby and a couple of Pingo Doce supermarkets within an easy walk. Funchal centre is about 20 mins away on foot.
We had a slight problem with the plumbing in our room and it was fixed immediately and then checked the next day. I needed to see a doctor during our stay and the hotel receptionist booked my appointment and gave me detailed directions and even asked how I got on when I returned.
We shall certainly go back to this hotel or its sister Porto Mare.
So all good but we have two grumbles that are not confined to this hotel but to hotels in general;
1) A small minority of guests were up early reserving sunbeds for themselves and their friends.
This hotel makes it clear that guests must not reserve sunbeds. They are aware of the problem and have notices stating their policy and declaring that the hotel staff may remove towels from reserved sunloungers. They did not put this into practise whilst we were there but we think they should make a stand.
2) As non-smokers who prefer to eat outdoors we didn't appreciate tables of chain smokers blowing their smoke over our breakfast each morning. We know that we could have gone inside but why should we? Where food is concerned, we feel smokers should not be allowed to light up and spoil other guests' enjoyment. Moan over!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Divided into studios, superior studios, junior suites and suites, this four star hotel's 146 spacious rooms have been redecorated with textiles in warm pastel colours, completely new furniture and LCD televisions. The kitchenettes have been completely renovated and are equipped with a stove, fridge and microwave oven. The Suite Hotel Eden Mar belongs to the Vila Porto Mare resort, and shares facilities which are also common to other outlets – Hotel Porto Mare and The Residence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Travelocity and Evoline ltd so you can book your Suite Hotel Eden Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Hotel Funchal
- Eden Mar Madeira
- Suite Hotel Eden Mar Madeira/Funchal