The staff were very friendly and attentive- nothing was too much trouble. We had a superior room on the 7th floor - well worth apying the extra for.The room was outstanding - a wonderful bathroom, excellent facilities and a great sea view. The furnishings throughout the hotel were of excellent quality and design, and there were plenty of places to relax in comfort. The New Year Gala Dinner was absolutely superb as were the other meals - hardly surprising as the hotel boasts a 1 star Michelin chef.
Can't wait to return !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal