Just returned after a six day stay at this very special place.The location,the quality of food and accomodation were in my view all outstanding as too was the service from everyone who works there from the General Manmager down to the cleaners.Nothing was too much trouble and every day was a further delight.The Xmas Eve Gala Dinner was fantastic with great food and a constant flow of delectable wines.The weather was not that great but the poor weather kept us in the Hotel to enjoy more of the facilities and to further partake of the magnificent indoor/outdoor pool and the terrific spa.
There is not one single issue that I am critical of but I would have been most happy if an Ice Machine was available on the floor rather than have to ask via the reception.The reception staff,every single one of them,were most attentive and determined to provide satisfaction to all of our needs.My wife and I are global travellers and we agree that the reception performance was faultless and some of the girls absolutely beautiful.
We will return possibly in the summer but most definitely will return next year for Xmas and the New Year.
It was a most pleasent surprise to be issued with a Prestige Club card on departure that will secure some advantages on future visits.
A special mention is made of Jan Ringertz,General Manager,who would bend over backwards for us which helped to make our stay so very memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal