First time we had stayed at the Cliff Bay - as Resident Owners at the Porto Mare, we had called in there on our shared coach down town & thought it looked nice..it was excellent. We paid a little extra for a sea/harbour room view which was lovely (except for the big palm tree right outside!).
Breakfast on the terrace was great, the heated seawater pool at sea level was lovely and the fish buffet night on Friday was magnificent.
The general service & comfort was excellent and we will always recommend this hotel to our friends but for us, if we had to choose, we would actually prefer to stay at it's sister hotel, the Porto Mare.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal