We are gold level prestige members at Cliff Bay (as are many other people I know), as we have returned several times to this beautiful hotel in the last 10 years. The staff are simply lovely and we feel like "old friends" returning each time. Christmas at Cliff Bay and indeed New Year is a magical experience. The cleanliness is exemplary and the food in both restaurants is first class. We have recommended the hotel to many friends over the years and all of them have had a fabulous time there. The spa is outstanding.
We are returning again on 28th January 2013, following the recent death of my wife's mother, for a little relaxation and revival. It was the first place that we wanted to go to because we know that it will be perfect as always. Madeira is a beautiful island with warm, friendly people and the Cliff Bay is the best place on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal