This year my wife and I stayed, for a third time, at the Cliff Bay, Funchal.
Yes, it's a big world out there and you can choose from many hotels and holiday destinations.- but if you are looking for a short flight, trouble free, relaxing holiday, in excellent accommodation, climate and surroundings - this is the place to go.
The hotel is clean, luxurious and the staff friendly and helpful.
The only issue we had was the air conditioning in our room wasn't very effective - I understand from talk around the poolside this was pretty much the norm. Not something we have encountered previously.
Will we be staying at the Cliff Bay,again? - Yes. without a doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel The Cliff Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Hotel The Cliff Bay Madeira/Funchal