“Two excellent full day trips.”

Pride of Madeira Tours
Ranked #34 of 113 Tours in Funchal
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We booked two trips at the local office: the East and the West Island tours. Both were excellent value for money. On the East tour Philip told us just enough without being overpowering and was happy to answer any questions we had. The frequent stops roughly every half hour meant the day was over far too quick, great views, stunning scenery and good company too.
The West trip was just as good with Antonio (2) same deal basically and once again a great day out. The driver/guides all speak good English along with other languages so no problem.
All the tour minibusses converge on the 'tourist' spotswithin minutes of eac other but its really not a problem, on such a small island it is to be expected. This company may not have the newest minibusses but thats no problem...good value for money.
I would use Pride if Madeira again.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We booked a walking tour from a leaflet left in the hotel at 28 Euro per person guaranteed only 8 people maximum. That of course described the mini bus only, what they fail to tell you is you will then join many other mini buses at the start of the walk, in our case 4 buses making 32 walkers with one guide.
The guide was brilliant and very knowledgeable, but even he was angry with the size of the group.
So unless you want to join a circus, make sure you are getting what the ingredients say!

1  Thank Jane55Hastings
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We took the west tour which started at 9 and finished at 5. Pick up a d drop off was at our hotel. Initially we were concerned that this would be too much as it was all day. However, there were so many beautiful stops the day went very quickly. The attraction of this company is that it was a tour in a minibus rather than a coach. Although the bus was quite old, but not uncomfortable. The plus side of a smaller vehicle was that it could drive where coaches could not go, so we saw some exceptional scenery. There was a stop for lunch, but again as it was not a coach we could pick where we wanted to eat. We were the only English couple on the tour, but the driver, Philipe spoke both English and German so we did not feel left out When we booked the tour over the telephone we were asked what price we had seen. We said 20 euros per person and they said Internet price. So we suspect booking in the shop or with a street seller would have been more expensive. We had a great day.

1  Thank Harrygre
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great tour but the minibus was old and very, very uncomfortable. Other services had much newer vehicles. Our guide also was a constant smoker, rather annoying on a hike.

5  Thank 74JasonC74
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked a package tour with this company called Pride of Madeira. At first I was a bit skeptical about the price ( 50 € for 3 tours) and I thought it could even be timeshare. But nothing of the sort. What I got was an incredible deal! I did the West Tour , the East Tour and the Nun's valley tour. The guides I met ( Jorge and Filipe) were very knowledgeable about the island's history and spoke really good english. They provided plenty of information and I was impressed how they spoke 3 languages and still managed to provide all the attention and information to each individual. Next year when I come back again to Madeira I will try some levada walks with them as well. If you want the best mix between price and quality this would be the company I recommend. Polite and knowledgeable guides and even the people in the offices of the company are lovely. Had a great time. Hope my review is helpful

2  Thank MariaC186230