I stayed here as I needed to catch the 08.00 ferry in the morning to Porto Santo. This hotel is very convenient indeed for this purpose as it is only a 5 min walk downhill to the ferry.
I stayed in room 202 and could not fault it. The bathroom was nice and the shower great with plenty of power and lots of hot water. The room itself had two twin beds together and the one I slept in was very comfortable. Bed linen etc was perfect. No AC in the hotel so don't try to stay in the room in the afternoon! My room had a small balcony and was at the back of the hotel.Very quiet although being at the back no sea view.Temperature cools quickly at night so sleeping then was no problem.
The very small and old kitchenette was a surprise as was the fridge. Both very handy for a longer stay. Allows for an early morning breakfast on the balcony!
Very friendly staff , hotel is a bit old but everything was clean and worked. Nice pool area where they make the most out of the limited space. Good views.
Not ideally suited to the centre of town although ask for the best way into town. About 15 mins with a reasonably steep climb on the way back.
WiFi didn't work but there is free and surprisingly strong WiFi in the middle of town.
The restaurant BERNINI underneath the hotel was recommended and the grilled fish was excellent. Obviously very popular as it was full a bit later in the evening.
Definitely worth staying again if in Funchal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aparthotel Imperatriz is a small family-run establishment conveniently situated in the most upmarket district of Funchal, adjacent to the famous Madeira Casino and Congress Centre, close to some of the city's finest restaurants and bars, about 5 minutes walk from Funchal's harbour and CR7 (Cristiano Ronaldo) museum. The hotel has 27 comfortable studios, each with free wireless internet, private bathroom, hair dryer, balcony, kitchenette, mini-bar, cable TV, direct-dial telephone and a safe-deposit box. Facilities include a snack bar, restaurant, games room, business centre, small library, winter garden, freshwater swimming pool with a sun terrace affording breathtaking views over the ocean, private garage, 24-hour reception and a rent-a-car service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Otel, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aparthotel Imperatriz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Imperatriz Funchal
- Aparthotel Imperatriz Hotel Funchal
- Aparthotel Imperatriz Madeira/Funchal