Room was spacious with 2 balconies and great views of harbour and gardens (room 836). Very quiet and elegant. Would not recommend for families. Breakfast buffet excellent with plenty of fresh fruit and freshly baked bread. (Vegan, so can't speak for the meats, etc.). Staff is attentive, gracious and friendly. We felt pampered by them!
Location is good, old town is walkable, but there is a free shuttle, and the hop-on-hop-off bus stops right close to the hotel.
Small problem: toilet stopped working in the middle of the night, and maintenance didn't come on until 8a.m. Made for a disagreeable morning, as we had to locate alternatives on our own.
Overall a great luxury hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Belmond Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Agoda, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal