We had wanted to stay at Reids for many years and having finally done so- all our expectations were met.It is a wonderful hotel service relaxation and fine cuisine.We had requested a room with ocean view but you really need to stay higher than the 5th floor to see over the trees to the harbour.Everywhere you go in the hotel there are photographs to remind you of the famous people who have stayed here over the years and also of times gone by.The buffet breakfast is very extensive and the service excellent. We also made great use of the coutesy bus which runs hourly to the town. We hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Belmond Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal