This centennial class Grande Dame of the Oriental Express Group remains one of the world's finest luxury hotels. Sitting atop Europe's highest cliffs overlooking the port of Funchal, the hotel caters to royalty, statesmen and those with significant means. As our transatlantic crossing included Madeira as a port of call, I had the chance to re-acquaint myself with this majestic gem in its time warp! It had been over 50 years since a family stay, and while buildings had been added to the original complex, little of its charm, elegance and beautiful furnishings had changed! The hotel exudes gracious world class service. We enjoyed cocktails on an upper terrace followed by a delightful poolside buffet. Foie Gras with Madeira Gelee (Aspic) and Madeira Drizzle, Bola de Caco bread, grilled offerings , seafood platters - and lovely sweets washed down with a nice Portuguese Duro Tinto and Malvaise Madeira, made for a glorious afternoon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Belmond Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal