The perfect place to celebrate our marriage. Just what we love, hiking during the day, black tie dancing in the evening. Understated elegance with scenery and weather to die for. Funchal is a Throwback to the British Empire with many customs and way of life intact. Plenty to do in the city yet secluded enough to miss out on the noise. The gardens are spectacular, semi tropical with attention to detail. If you are looking for an out of the beaten path experience to call your own, this is the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Belmond Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Belmond, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal