We stayed nearby at The Cliff Bay (regrettably...). One cannot help notice the immediate difference in the standard of service at Reid´s as opposed to most other places in Funchal. Let´s start with the bar: everyone is extremely and genuinely polished, yet warm and welcoming. This was true of the both the dashing bartender who made us killer cocktail after killer cocktail (started with Singapore Slings, which were out of this world, followed by a recommended gin-based specialty of the house, also excellent) and the charming waitstaff. We were persuaded to order a few appetizers from the bar menu (salad and the satay chicken - both delicious). A jazz quartet played whose lead vocalist could easily be Funchal´s very own Frank Sinatra impersonator, vocally speaking. As for the high tea -- it´s just a delightful, uber-civilized affair from start to finish and Reid´s does it very well with a good selection of teas and generous second servings of finger sandwiches and fresh baked scones. A bit of luxury not to be missed while in Funchal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Belmond Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal