Reid's Palace in Madeira has a long history of Royalty and celebrity patronage - it was one of Sir Winston Churchill's favourites - The memorabilia on show is fascinating
Afternoon Tea was a good as expected and on a par with The Ritz in London and the Waldorf Astoria
The grounds and views are amazing and the old world charm well worth the high price of staying and eating here
A "must" when you are in Funchal !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Belmond Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Belmond, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal