Reids Palace Hotel is one of the best hotels that I have stayed in. I loved everything - from the historic building perched on a cliff, beautifully furnished interior to the magnificent gardens and spectacular views.Our lovely room had a good sized balcony with fabulous views of the harbour and Funchal, especially at night with so many lights in the distance. Breakfasts were excellent. We found the walk into the city very pleasant and only used the shuttle bus the first time we went into the city as we didn't know how far it was. Will stay here again, next time I'm in Funchal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Belmond Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal