An old grand lady getting old and loosing its glamour of the old days. Tourists of all over the world (with and without taste and manners) are now populating this gem of a lost century. Nevertheless the Reid's seems still to be the first address of Funchal - if you are lucky to get an old nice room to the garden and west-side with ocean view. The East view on an ugly hotel tower really is not worth coming here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Belmond Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Splitty, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal