Tripadvisor
Funchal

“Beautiful indoor and outdoor ( Delicious Food ) 😋”
Review of O Dragoeiro

O Dragoeiro
Ranked #58 of 828 Restaurants in Funchal
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful indoor and outdoor setting.

On the tourist menu €17.90
For starter, I had fish soup ( very delicious )
For Main, I had Swordfish which I never had before and it was delicious)
For Dessert, I had passion fruit cheese cake which was also delicious.

Myself and my friend was offered alcoholic complimentary drink on the house.

It’s a fabulous restaurant with very attentive, friendly and passionate staff. The food was very good and I even consider before leaving Madeira to come back for another meal.

If you are ever in Madeira and want to try Portuguese food please come and try O Dragoeiro

1  Thank Southamericanboi
Write a reviewReviews (1,408)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The three course deal here is excellent and great value. The food and the staff were wonderful. Even the deal menu has some excellent dishes on it and all for less than 18Euro when we visited in January 2020. It was a very nice touch to be invited to choose an after dinner complimentary drink from a list! Very good restaurant indeed.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Cannot fault this place. We've been visiting now every year for ten years and have never been disappointed. The ambiance in the garden is perfect, the staff are attentive without being intrusive and the food is excellent, especially steak on stone. When you walk in after a year has gone by and are greeted with 'welcome back' you know you're somewhere special. Very highly recommended.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

I cant speak hightly enough about our dining experience at this beautiful restaurant.
The patio is beautiful and at night with the illuminated trees and orchids, it really does feel very special. A nice white table cloth is always welcome too!
The staff were friendly and attentive and we found the food to be outstanding - our best dining experience of three weeks in Funchal by far. Sadly, we only found O Dragoeiro on our last day but we'll be back!
My swordfish was exquisite and my partners filet mignon with giant prawn was wonderful and cooked perfectly to order.
Our starters and desserts were excellent also and we found the house red wine (shiraz) to be very good value at 14 euros.
Considering the complimentary glass of madeira upon arrival and the liquer on the house after dinner, we found the experience and value to be excellent.

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Two visits in two nights because we enjoyed it so much, excellent value having the tourist menu.
There are cheaper in the area but at the price I doubt it can be beaten. Madeira wine on the way in , three excellent courses and complimentary drink at the end.