TripAdvisor
Funchal
Post
Inbox
Search

“good food reasonably priced”
Review of O Dragoeiro

O Dragoeiro
Ranked #62 of 808 Restaurants in Funchal
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

had a very nice meal here in this restaurant. On arrival we were given a complimentary glass of maderia. The menu is a combination of set choices and a la cart. The food was good and the service excellent. I had the local fish which was very good.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,351)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I are fortunate to visit Funchal every year or so, and we always eat at least once here.
Sad to see that 'Mr Smith' is no longer with us at the door, but hope he is watching and this fine restaurant continues to flourish.
Good food, very friendly staff and lovely garden setting all at a good price.
I always have the simple barbecue chicken on a spit because it's even tastier than I can do at home.
My wife had tuna on this occasion and it was lovely.
Very good prices and even gratis madeira wine to start and liqueur to finish
We will always return.
No hesitation to recommend.

Eddie n Christine McAlpine

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wonderful food at this restaurant. Complimentary Madeira wine when you are seated. We had a beautiful table in the garden under the Dragon tree, fabulous setting. Choice of two fixed price menus. My husband had steak on the stone and said it was the best steak he had ever had. I had scabbard fish with prawns, delicious. I must mention the almond tart for dessert which was amazing. Complimentary liqueurs after the meal are a lovely touch. Highly recommended.

1  Thank cafish2016
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having read other reviews we ate here on our first and last nights. We chose the 3 course option at 17 Euros. Whilst slightly more expensive than other local places it is worth the extra. The beef skewers are the best here and I ate numerous! 2 complimentary drinks area nice touch. Wine at 15 Euros a bottle is steep I feel but heyho. The nice girl serving even agreed to a change of puddings on the last night after they had run out of "cake". Quiet spot just up from the main drag in hotel land. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Liked the look of this restaurant from the outside, twinkly lights, flowers and a comfortable and quaint feel! We wee not disappointed when our food was served either! Fish soup and calamari were delicious starters, linguine, lamb chops and steaks very good, and all washed down with a decent house red. Great value for money as a good meal in great location.