“great pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014

just at the back of our hotel in old town my wife had scabbard and banana which was ok and I had a pizza very crispy and a good salad good meal average price

There are newer reviews for Xarambinha

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Having read several positive reviews on this restaurant and fancying an Italian we thought we would give it a try,
We started with the king prawns which I have to admit were very good, but I'm afraid after that it went downhill!
I ordered a Salami pizza, which to me was not very good. The salami and onions were.served under the cheese which made the base very soggy and not very tasty, for me a pizza is tomato base, then cheese with the toppings on top, for me an upside pizza and not the way a pizza should be served!
My wife ordered Arribiatta. It was like Penne in a soup! The sauce was not at all spicy and my wife actually questioned if she had been served the wrong dish. The waitress said maybe and disappeared!!
I'm afraid we were very disappointed and could not recommend this restaurant apart from the king prawn starter!!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We ate here twice during our stay in Funchal, the food was great value for money. They do great pizzas and pasta but also a good range of meat and fish. We had the best king prawns as a starter and also the steak on a stone was fantastic. Be aware the pizzas are huge, next time we would order one plus a salad and share.
The staff are great but be aware it does get very busy around 7.30 till about 9 ish but you can reserve a table. Also they do not hassle you to go in, they don't need too.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by friends who had eaten here before.
It was busy outside but the waitress managed to fit us in. Plenty of room indoors but the weather was too nice for this option.
The menu has a wide choice of pasta, meat and fish. All reasonably priced. Portions are a good size. Food well cooked and presented.
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

After going to our favourite places around Funchal, we decided to give this restaurant a go. It's spot on in the old part and was quite busy. As we had had a lot of meat already we decided to go for a meatless dinner of Pizza and Risotto. Both were tasty. What stayed in our minds afterwards were the countless steaks on the stone that we saw being bused to other tables and which smelt great, so if returning we would probably opt for the steak.