“Good Traditional Madeiran Restaurant.”

Casa Madeirense Restaurante
Ranked #176 of 808 Restaurants in Funchal
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We started with garlic bread served with local cheese and olives and followed with the scabbard fish with calamari and prawns in a traditional sauce served with potatoes, cabbage, carrots and beans. It was tasty and filling. So much so we had no room for dessert. Helpful, friendly service.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (700)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Friendly servicing, tasty food, reasonable prices. I would go there again would we stay for a little longer time.

Reviewed September 12, 2019

Would agree with previous review, don't pass this one by.
Lovely restaurant set down a small alley off the main road - typI called italian.
We just had a couple of pizzas which were delicious, which is all we wanted, I had a small one which was totally adequate - other meals coming out looked really good.
Very reasonable too.
Staff attentive and good service.
Would recommend.

Reviewed September 12, 2019

Do not be put off buy the entrance, I have dinned at this restaurant and its mother restaurant situated up the stairs on many occasions and on each visit I have been completely satisfied. My most recent visit was on the 10th September and the peppered steak that I ordered was probably the best steak I have ever tasted as was the shrimp cocktail that came from the restaurant upstairs. Well done Casa Madeirence, I just do not understand how anybody could not enjoy your food, I will certainly be dinning with you again upon my next visit to Funchal.

Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

After reading the reviews gave this place a try for the pizzas. Some of the staff were miserable, a smile costs nothing.
Out of our four pizzas two of us choose the spicy pepperoni which comes with onions as standard but should be renamed the onion with pepperoni. One was requested without onion the other as standard. The one with no onion was average but not spicy and the standard off the menu spicy pepperoni had less pepperoni and as much onion as pepperoni. The other two pizzas were ok but nothing special.
In a place with so many restaurants to choose not somewhere we will eat again

Date of visit: August 2019